A whole bunch of you asked for it, so I figured I’d write something up! I really didn’t go by a recipe, but here is what it consisted of:
- One pound of fresh whole wheat pizza dough. I didn’t make it from scratch this time; we cheated and bought it at the supermarket ;)
- 2-3 cups of broccoli florets.
- One container of fresh spinach, roughly 6 cups. This looks like a lot, but it cooks down to nothing so you’ll most likely want to use the whole bag!
- About 10 black olives.
- Part skim or fat free mozzarella cheese, to your liking. I used roughly 8 oz.
- Prep and cook the vegetables first. Steam the broccoli. Slice the olives into rings or chop.
- Saute the spinach leaves in a pan with fresh garlic and a little olive oil until wilted.
- Spread the dough onto a pizza pan with light olive oil, arrange the broccoli, olives, and spinach on the pizza however you like. Season with garlic, parsley, salt, onion to taste.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until you notice the bottom start to brown. Depending on what type of dough you use, the cooking time may vary.
- Remove the pan or pull out the oven rack and spread mozzarella cheese on the top of the pizza.
- Cook for another 5-10 minutes until the crust is at the desired color.
- Cut into 8 large slices or 16 smaller slices, allow time for cooling, and then enjoy!
Nutritional Info (Both the 1/8 size slice and the 1/16 size slice are pictured above)
Serving size: 1/8 pizza | Calories per serving: 242 | Carbs: 29g | Fat: 9g | Protein: 12g
Serving size: 1/16 pizza | Calories per serving: 121 | Carbs: 14.5g | Fat: 4.5g | Protein: 6g
*If you do alter any ingredients or use different brands the nutrition info may vary. I know that seems silly to say, but I just wanted to make a little disclaimer. This nutritional information is based on the specific brands and amounts of each ingredient that I personally used*